Cardiac Cath Lab v2 will be released in late November 2019 and is available for pre-order now. It's the tool to use when your team needs to track key performance metrics and identify opportunities for improvement. It can, in most cases, also satisfy state-mandated evaluation of a Cath lab.
Clinical and technical advancements in this new version include:
- Greater alignment with other procedural service lines for sites pursuing more than one ACC procedural accreditation
- Addition of guidelines from ACC campaigns such as Reduce the Risk: PCI Bleed
- Facility procedure volume tracking to meet state department of health requests
- Enhanced Shared Practices library
- Enhanced guideline criteria for sites implementing same-day PCI discharge
- And important updates:
- for sites without onsite cardiothoracic surgery
- for sites that perform device implants
- to radiation safety and infection control standards
Act Soon to Take Advantage of CCL v2 Introductory Pricing!
Contact email@example.com to get more information about Cardiac Cath Lab v2 Accreditation and how you can qualify for CCL v2 introductory pricing.
Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation is an operational model that merges the latest science and process improvement across the Cardiac Cath Lab. Initiating an accreditation program can help you implement all the pre-, peri-, and post-procedures that are essential to the safe care and efficient scheduling of patients through the cath lab. Participation in the NCDR CathPCI Registry® is a requirement for all Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation designations.
On-Demand Cardiac Cath Lab Webinars
Want to learn more about the benefits of Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation? Our service line specialists have recorded informational webinars that provide an overview of key accreditation topics and explain how your steps toward process improvement can provide valuable insight into the performance and management of a goal-driven CV service line.
There are four types of designations for Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation. Each is based on a facility's treatment capabilities and strategies.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with External Review: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations that request external peer review and independent angiographic review by an outside third party.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI and External Review: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures that request external peer review and independent angiographic review by an outside third party.
CCL v2 is the result of diligent work by leading interventional cardiologists and cath lab administrators. It incorporates the ACC/SCAI* Consensus Document for Catheterization Laboratory Standards and other evidence-based science with quality initiatives.
Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation applies a holistic approach to the assessment, treatment, and management of patients receiving cath lab services.
* American College of Cardiology/Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
Accreditation training prepares facilities to begin their Accreditation journey. Discussion covers the fundamental elements of Accreditation as well as challenges and successes experienced by other facilities that have completed the Accreditation process.
Note: Customers must first complete the Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation purchase process in order to gain access to the Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation tool and related training. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The American Collge of Cardiology's 2012 Guidelines and the most current SCAI Expert Consensus Statement (2016 Best Practices in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory) are the foundation of the Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation tool.
All of the components of this accreditation along with the NCDR CathPCI metrics used in the accreditation process are designed to help facilities improve their care of Cath Lab patients across the care continuum.
"It’s an honor and privilege to represent my peers in the cath lab in this accreditation process, as we collaborate with other departments to adapt policies and procedures,” says Jennifer Bruso. Michael Carney adds, “Collectively, we have a stronger voice because of the accreditation process.”Jennifer Bruso, RN, and Michael P. Carney, RN - Co-leaders of CCL Accreditation at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Burlington, MA