Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation
Cardiac Cath Lab v1 is an operational model that merges the latest science and process improvement across the Cardiac Cath Lab. Initiating an accreditation program can help you implement all the pre-, peri-, and post-procedures that are essential to the safe care and efficient scheduling of patients through the cath lab. Participation in the NCDR CathPCI Registry® is a requirement for all Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation designations.
On-Demand Cardiac Cath Lab Webinars
Want to learn more about the benefits of Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation? Our service line specialists have recorded informational webinars that provide an overview of key accreditation topics and explain how your steps toward process improvement can provide valuable insight into the performance and management of a goal-driven CV service line.
There are four types of designations for Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation. Each is based on a facility's treatment capabilities and strategies.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation: for facilities performing routine, diagnostic catheterizations.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with External Review: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI: for facilities performing routine, diagnostic catheterizations that request external peer review and independent angiographic review by an outside third party.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI and External Review: for facilities performing diagnostic catheterizations and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures that request external peer review and independent angiographic review by an outside third party.
CCL v1 is the result of diligent work by leading interventional cardiologists and cath lab administrators. It incorporates the ACC/SCAI* Consensus Document for Catheterization Laboratory Standards and other evidence-based science with quality initiatives.
Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation applies a holistic approach to the assessment, treatment, and management of patients receiving cath lab services.
* American College of Cardiology/Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
The 2012 American College of Cardiology Foundation/Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Expert Consensus Document on Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Standards Update is the foundation of the Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation tool.
All of the components of this accreditation along with the NCDR CathPCI metrics used in the accreditation process are designed to help facilities improve their care of Cath Lab patients across the care continuum.