I think ACC Accreditation Services is a wonderful resource. They are there for you. They want you to be successful.Renee Cecil, RN, Norton Healthcare
Electrophysiology Accreditation Training
To meet the needs of facility representatives, Accreditation training is conveniently available in on-demand format. Each pre-recorded training module includes step-by-step guidance to help facility staff identify the Essential Components of Accreditation and to effectively utilize the online Accreditation tools. The learning objectives of the pre-recorded workshop are listed below.
Links to the on-demand training are located in the "Workshop" tab of your Electrophysiology Accreditation tool. After viewing the training module(s), we suggest those individuals responsible for their hospital’s Accreditation program participate in one of the Question & Answer (Q&A) sessions noted in the table below.
The pre-recorded workshop is designed for healthcare professionals who intend to take their facility through the Electrophysiology Accreditation process. As noted in the Accreditation tool, it is strongly recommended customers view the on-demand Workshop training prior to beginning the Accreditation process.
Note: The Electrophysiology Accreditation purchase process (including ACC business agreement and payment for initial year of Accreditation participation or recurring annual payment) must be completed in order to gain access to the Accreditation tool and related training. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Explain step-by-step how to apply for accreditation, access online documents, and complete the application process
- Examine the six key areas in which a facility must demonstrate expertise and validate completion of all mandatory items
- Gain an understanding of the science of process improvements as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes for the electrophysiology patient
- Learn about current guideline recommendations across the procedural care continuum
- Develop an understanding of quality assessment process improvement (QAPI) initiatives that result in improvement in the care and safety of the electrophysiology patient utilizing measures derived from NCDR Summary metrics report
- Integrate continuous process improvement in all aspects of electrophysiology lab patient care
- Standardize the assessment processes for patients before undergoing a procedure in the electrophysiology lab to ensure quality and safety are the priority
- Learn about the care coordination in the procedure room for sedation, infection control, radiation safety and universal protocol and time out procedures
- How to access and navigate the resources within the EP Tool
- How EP Accreditation can impact your Value Based Purchasing score
- How to incorporate the appropriate hand-off procedures into your EP recovery process, access site management and monitoring, and tracking complications
- How to improve physician-to-patient and family communication, and discharge instructions and patient information for follow-up
Review Pre-Recorded Workshop Training
Electrophysiology Accreditation Q&A Session ScheduleThe Q&A offering is an opportunity to ask any questions you may have formulated after reviewing the workshop modules under the ‘Additional Resources’ tab of your Accreditation/Certification online tool. Questions related to the Accreditation/Certification product, requirements, data pathways, and process will be addressed. There will not be a presentation during the Q&A. You may access previously recorded presentations under the ‘Additional Resources’ tab then ‘A-T-E Sessions’ tab of the tool.
To register for a Q&A session, click on your preferred date from the table below. After we receive your request, we will send you the specific call-in details associated with the selected Q&A session.
On occasion, ACC may need to change the date and time of a scheduled Q&A session. If any changes are made, all registrants will be informed. Only facilities that have purchased Electrophysiology Accreditation Services are eligible to view the on-demand training modules