Features and Benefits of Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation
CCL v1 is the result of diligent work by leading interventional cardiologists and cath lab administrators. It incorporates the ACC/SCAI* Consensus Document for Catheterization Laboratory Standards and other evidence-based science with quality initiatives.
CCL v1 Supports Your Process Improvement Efforts.
- Utilizes NCDR CathPCI Registry® data to support clinical decisions
- Links process improvement to patient outcomes
- Promotes consistent processes across the care continuum
The Essential Components of Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation
- Governance: Recommends proven practices to orchestrate, monitor, and optimize clinical practices.
- Quality: Integrates continuous improvement of all aspects of care.
- Pre-Procedure: A standardized assessment process for patients before undergoing a heart catheterization to ensure quality and patient safety are first and foremost.
- Peri-Procedure: Care coordination in the procedure room for sedation, infection control, radiation safety and universal protocol and time out procedures.
- Post-Procedure: Appropriate hand-off to a cath recovery unit, access site management and monitoring and tracking complications, physician to patient and family communication, and discharge instructions and patient information for follow-up.
- Clinical Quality: Active participation in PI initiatives derived from the NCDR CathPCI Executive Summary Metrics.
*American College of Cardiology/Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions