I think ACC Accreditation Services is a wonderful resource. They are there for you. They want you to be successful.Renee Cecil, RN, Norton Healthcare
Heart Failure v3 Accreditation Training
To meet the needs of facility representatives, accreditation training is conveniently available in on-demand format. Each pre-recorded training module includes step-by-step guidance to help facility staff identify the Essential Components of Accreditation and to effectively utilize the online Accreditation tools.
Links to the on-demand training are located in the "Workshop" tab of your Heart Failure v3 Accreditation tool. After viewing the training module(s), we suggest those individuals responsible for their hospital’s Accreditation program participate in one of the one-hour Question & Answer (Q&A) sessions, scheduled monthly.
As noted in the Accreditation tool, it is strongly recommended customers view the on-demand Workshop training prior to beginning the Accreditation process.
Monthly Heart Failure v3 Accreditation Q&A Sessions
Click on a date below to register for a Q&A session. After we receive your request, we will send you the specific call-in details associated with the selected Q&A session
|Wednesday, June 19, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|Wednesday, July 17, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|Wednesday, August 21, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|Wednesday, September 18, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|Wednesday, November 20, 2019||10 am Eastern Time|
|no Q&A session scheduled for December||no Q&A session scheduled for December|
On occasion, ACC may need to change the date and time of a scheduled Q&A session. If any changes are made, all registrants will be informed. Only facilities that have purchased Heart Failure v3 Accreditation Services are eligible to view the on-demand training modules.
What's Covered in the On-Demand Training Module?
The pre-recorded training is designed for healthcare professionals who intend to take their facility through the Heart Failure v3 Accreditation process.
- Learn how to apply for accreditation, access online documents, and complete the application process
- Examine the seven key areas in which a facility must demonstrate expertise and validate completion of all mandatory items
- Learn about the pathophysiology, assessment, treatment, management, and current guideline recommendations
- Understand the incidence, prevalence, and costs of heart failure
- Explore how HF Accreditation can impact your Value-based Purchasing score
- Gain an understanding of the science of process improvement as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes for heart failure patients
- Reviewers will share best practices, processes, and procedures related to the care of HF patients
- Learn how to enter data into the Accreditation Conformance Database (ACD), understand the data, analyze the data, and turn your data into actionable results
Other Topics Covered
- How having a HF Specialist on staff can increase revenue
- How HF patients have better outcomes when treated by a HF Specialist
- How HF Accreditation globally impacts a reduction in mortality
- Establishing interdisciplinary, team-based care to reduce risk factors and stop variations in care
- How to prevent CMS penalties and increase total reimbursement using the HF payment model
- How value-driven care and proper transitions of care help increase reimbursement, decrease risk for remissions and length-of-stay and increase the quality of life
- Implementing standardized guideline driven medical therapy