I think ACC Accreditation Services is a wonderful resource. They are there for you. They want you to be successful.Renee Cecil, RN, Norton Healthcare
Chest Pain Center Accreditation Training
To meet the needs of facility representatives, accreditation training is provided monthly. Each training event includes step-by-step guidance to help accreditation coordinators learn to navigate effectively through the accreditation program and related online tools. Unless noted, this training is delivered as an online workshop in webinar format. You may register for an accreditation training workshop from the "Additional Resources" tab of your online accreditation tool. Click here to view the training dates for other accreditation services.
Chest Pain Center Accreditation Training Schedule
|2019 Training to be Announced Soon||On-Demand|
Training registration must be submitted one week prior to the date of any scheduled workshop.
Facilities that have purchased Chest Pain Center Accreditation Services are eligible to attend one Chest Pain Center Accreditation workshop at no charge. ACC reserves the right to change the date and time of any workshop and is not liable for any expenses incurred by the registrants due to such changes. If any changes are made, all registrants will be informed.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals who intend to take their facility through the Chest Pain Center Accreditation process.
- Understand the process of accreditation, including the 3 phases of accreditation; navigating the online platform; and data requirements
- Examine the eight key areas in which a facility must demonstrate expertise and validate completion of all mandatory items
- Examine the available resources within the CPC v6 Accreditation tool
- Recognize the importance of a comprehensive and interdisciplinary team-based approach for ACS patients across the care continuum
- Ensure that guideline-based treatment strategies and risk stratification methods are incorporated into practice
- Apply process improvement principles to improve efficiency and patient outcomes for all ACS patients
- Understand how CPC Accreditation impacts your operating margin by addressing MACRA and Value-based Purchasing payments
- Discover how accreditation helps your hospital develop a strategic plan
Other Topics Covered
- The science of process improvement as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes
- The pathophysiology, assessment, treatment, management, and current guideline recommendations for the care of the ACS patient
- Reviewers will share best practices, processes, and procedures related to the care of ACS patient
- How to enter data into the Accreditation Conformance Database (ACD), understand the data, analyze the data, leverage your data, and turn your data into actionable results
- How to implement the latest AHA/ACC guidelines and reduce variations in care
- How to choose/use the appropriate level of stress testing in order to decrease time and cost
- How to establish interdisciplinary team-based care to ensure all personnel and departments speak the same language and use the most updated policies in order to reduce risk factors and eliminate variations in care