Interested in Joining a Registry?
Already an NCDR Participant?
Manage Stroke Risk for Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Patients
Get the support you need to ensure quality patient care for your atrial fibrillation patients with the American College of Cardiology's LAAO Registry™.
Join the first national registry capturing data on left atrial appendage occlusion procedures to assess real-world procedural outcomes, short and long-term safety, comparative effectiveness and cost effectiveness. LAAO provides a treatment option to manage stroke risk for non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients who are unable to maintain adequate anticoagulation through medication therapy.
- The LAAO Registry is approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to meet the registry requirements outlined in the national coverage decisions for Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Closure.
- Highlight your hospital on ACC's patient website, CardioSmart.org, where patients and caregivers use the "Find Your Heart a Home" tool for information on cardiovascular services.
- Take advantage of the NCDR's free, online data collection tool, or retain the option to choose among our certified vendors to automate data capture.
- Receive one-to-one support from experienced cardiovascular nurses.
- Stay current on the latest NCDR research publications, providing valuable insight on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular care provided by data from the LAAO Registry.
- Unlimited, free access to ACC's Quality Improvement for Institutions campaigns and toolkits that help measure care and achieve quality improvement goals.
- Your hospital will be included in the Find Your Heart a Home database when you participate in ACC's quality improvement efforts. This tool allows patients to search, compare and select the right hospital for their needs.
- Have your facility be recognized in the ACC advertising insert in the U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" guidebook. Every year the ACC recognizes more than 2,000 hospitals participating in the NCDR and/or ACC Accreditation Services that are committed to quality and process improvement.
- Using the largest cardiovascular repository, NCDR's robust datasets provide you can opportunity to research and answer critical questions on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular health care.
The NCDR supports a variety of data entry and submission options, including a complimentary online data collection tool or data collection through a certified third-party software vendor. View more information on how to collect and submit your data here.
- Access quarterly risk-adjusted benchmark reports.
- View the executive summary dashboard for selected registries that offer big-picture reviews, at-a-glance assessments and patient level drill-downs.
- Multi-hospital Reporting Solutions:
- The ACC's online business intelligence reporting solution, NCDR eReports, provides a multihospital view into the quality of cardiovascular care being provided within a specific health system, state, or region.
Electrophysiology Accreditation: Advance your EP program by creating standardized workflows to decrease variability, improving processes to reduce cost, and creating a more efficient lab. This program links the latest science, process improvement methodologies and patient outcomes across the care continuum for patients undergoing treatment in the EP Lab. It incorporates recent guidelines and expert consensus statements by recognized professional organizations regarding the care of the electrophysiology patient.
- Receive a complimentary registration to attend the annual ACC Quality Summit. Network with colleagues, experience exceptional education sessions, and access ePosters that highlight how participants use NCDR and Accreditation Services data to improve patient care, processes, and quality initiatives.
- The QII Learning Center is an online education tool offered to ensure you get the most out of the registries, Accreditations and quality improvement tools and programs available. Plus, it offers opportunities for complimentary CE credit.
- Leverage clinical resources through our Clinical Solution Sets and mobile apps to support your everyday practice.