ALREADY AN NCDR PARTICIPANT?
Join a Registry
New Name, Expanded View, Continuous Reporting
Chest Pain - MI Registry™
Formerly the ACTION Registry®
Join the established network for comprehensive AMI care
For more than a decade, the ACTION Registry® has been the single, most trusted source for outcomes-based, continuous quality improvement focusing exclusively on high-risk STEMI/NSTEMI patients. It remains the go-to registry for hospitals and health systems applying American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA) clinical guideline recommendations.
Today, we’re changing the name to the Chest Pain – MI Registry.™ We’ve chosen a name that will reflect the expanded scope of the registry with the launch of Version 3 in Fall 2018. Read the full press release.
With Version 3, the registry will expand to address additional patient populations, including unstable angina and low-risk chest pain. In addition, the registry will fully support the data requirements for ACC’s Chest Pain Center Accreditation program.
By joining the Chest Pain - MI Registry, you can:
- Receive real-time data available using interactive dashboards, including hospital performance on the 2017 ACC/AHA Clinical Performance and Quality Measures for Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Fulfill Chest Pain Center Accreditation requirements using Chest Pain - MI Registry as a data source
- Gain national and local recognition through the Chest Pain - MI Registry Performance Achievement Awards program
- Collaborate with multiple providers and specialties who play an important role in managing patient care, including Emergency Department (ED) clinicians and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers
- Showcase your hospital’s commitment to continuous quality improvement by publicly reporting data on specific quality measures via Find Your Heart a Home. This free online tool allows patients and caregivers to search and compare hospitals by location and services. Hospital profile pages reflect the same data registry site managers input into their NCDR site profile. Learn more about ACC’s public reporting program and look for your hospital’s Find Your Heart a Home profile page.
- Get the evidence-based tools you need to reduce AMI Readmissions and successfully navigate your patients home with ACC’s Patient Navigator Program: Focus MI. A high-weight Improvement Activity under the Medicare Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), this quality campaign is free for all Chest Pain - MI Registry participants. Learn more about the benefits and join now.
- Review your hospital’s 30-day Risk Standardized AMI Mortality. Chest Pain – MI Registry data has been linked to the National Death Index (NDI) to provide hospitals information on post-discharge outcomes in a 30-day Risk Standardized AMI Mortality report.
Expanded data capture and reporting for all your patients
With the Chest Pain – MI Registry Version 3 launch in Fall 2018, you’ll get:
- Broader Scope that includes low-risk and unstable angina patients – to help reduce variations in care through risk stratification and evaluation of hospital performance in delivering guideline recommended care
- Greater Flexibility providing fewer data fields and different ways to evaluate and benchmark your data, including Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC)
- Single Data Source with streamlined data entry and monitoring, and trending for Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- Collaborative Options for the wider CV team including pre-hospital providers, EMTs, ER providers and others caring for at-risk patients with chest pain
Key Information About the Chest Pain - MI Registry
- Meet state requirements that have adopted the Chest Pain - MI Registry as their state-level measurement and reporting source.
- Showcase your hospital on ACC’s patient website, CardioSmart.org, where patients and caregivers use the “Find Your Heart a Home” tool for information on cardiovascular services.
- Take advantage of the NCDR’s free, online data collection tool, or retain the option to choose among nine certified vendors to automate data capture (ARMUS, Axis Clinical, CardioPulse, Cedaron Medical, heartbase, LUMEDX, Navion, Q-Centrix and Quintiles)
- Receive one-to-one support from experienced cardiovascular nurses.
- Stay up to date on the latest NCDR research publications, providing valuable insight on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular care provided by Chest Pain - MI Registry hospitals.
- Unlimited, free access to ACC’s Quality Improvement for Institutions campaigns and toolkits that help measure care and achieve quality improvement goals.
- An online portal allows you to view your Institutional Outcomes Reports and use the interactive dashboard e-reports to review a summary of performance measures and quality metrics.
- A dashboard that provides weekly trending data showing your facility’s performance, highlighting areas for improvement and providing the capability to drill down to patient-level data.
- Quarterly benchmark reports comparing your institution's performance with a national aggregate and including executive summaries that offer a high-level review or an at-a-glance assessment.