Interested in Joining a Registry?
Already an NCDR Participant?
ICD Registry™ is now the EP Device Implant Registry™
On April 1, 2021, the registry name changed to the EP Device Implant Registry™ to reflect a minor update to Version 2.3 that now offers the opportunity to include select novel pacemaker procedures in addition to the current procedure types. Participants can submit data for select novel pacemaker procedures or submit data for ICD/CRT-D procedures or submit data for both. The registry captures data on shared decision-making, a requirement for the CMS National Coverage Determination for ICD/CRT-D primary prevention device implants.
The EP Device Implant Registry™ continues to be your single and most trusted source of evidence-based data collection and reporting for ICD/CRT-D procedures. Participating in the registry is still the most reliable way to ensure your hospital’s documentation meets the current CMS National Coverage Determination requirements for ICD/CRT-D implantations.
Hospitals and EP labs across the U.S. rely on the EP Device Implant Registry
Since its inception in 2005, the ICD Registry --now the EP Device Implant Registry-- has been the national standard for understanding patient selection, care and outcomes in patients receiving ICD therapy. The registry empowers EP physicians in their decision making by providing them with nationally benchmarked data on patient care and outcomes. Learn more about the EP Registry Suite advantage.
- CMS National Coverage Determination – participating is still the most reliable way to ensure your hospital’s documentation meets current requirements for ICD/CRT-D implantations
- Appropriate Use Criteria Metrics for ICD/CRT-D– guidelines to ensure your implant procedures are appropriate
- Public Reporting – enhance your U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals score and listing on ACC's Find Your Heart a Home website
- Meets Electrophysiology Accreditation Data Requirements
- Professional Level Dashboard – access your data from all NCDR participating facilities via desktop, mobile device or ACC’s Professional Data Portfolio app
- Substantial Savings – when you participate in the EP Registry Suite, includes AFib Ablation Registry
This premier data source and industry standard provides up-to-the-minute information for understanding treatment patterns, clinical outcomes, device safety and overall quality of patient care. The registry identifies opportunity gaps and helps develop solutions to enhance referrals and outcomes now and down the line.
Dashboards with real-time data
- Robust national benchmarks
- Comprehensive quality and systems of care measures
- At-a-glance assessments
- Patient level drilldown capabilities
On-demand, custom metric comparison reports
- By state
- By similar facilities
- By volume or 3-year trend data
Timely benchmark reports comparing metrics such as
- Practice patterns
- Procedure outcomes
- AUC and current Guideline recommendations
The EP Device Implant Registry is designed to arm you not only with the data but also with the tools to effectively track and manage care for your patients – tools developed by physicians especially for you.
- Documentation platform to meet CMS National Coverage Determination (NCD) requirements for ICD/CRT-D implantation
- Appropriate Use Criteria app
- Provider-Level Dashboard
Quality improvement tools
- Unlimited online access to proven quality improvement resources, including quality campaigns, clinical toolkits, apps and more on ACC Quality Improvement for Institutions
- NCDR complimentary online data collection tool or choose from more than ten certified software vendors.
- Interoperability with electronic health records
By participating in the EP Device Implant Registry, you get more than just a premier data repository. You also get the full weight of ACC and the NCDR behind you with a host of robust benefits.
- One-on-one NCDR support from experienced cardiovascular nurses
- Complimentary registration to the annual ACC Quality Summit
- Opportunity to participate in voluntary public reporting program to enhance US News & World Report Best Hospitals recognition
- Listing on ACC’s Find Your Heart a Home website
- EP Registry Suite Advantage: Substantial savings on AFib Ablation Registry so you can expand QI activities for your entire EP lab