Your Connection For Quality Outcomes
The CathPCI Registry® assesses the characteristics, treatments and outcomes of cardiac disease patients who receive diagnostic catheterization and/or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. This powerful tool, available for any facility that performs PCI, captures the data that measure adherence to ACC/AHA clinical practice guideline recommendations, procedure performance standards and appropriate use criteria (AUC) for coronary revascularization.
Interested in Joining a Registry?
Already an NCDR Participant?
- Receive decision-making information that helps you:
- Focus on the appropriate use of PCI within your facility
- Reduce avoidable bleeding complications
- Identify your facility's areas of excellence as well as opportunities for improvement
- Validate use of best practices and application of performance measures
- Monitor STEMI to treatment times
- Meet state requirements that have adopted the CathPCI Registry as their state-level measurement and reporting source.
- Highlight your hospital on ACC's patient website, CardioSmart.org, where patients and caregivers use the "Find Your Heart a Home" tool for information on cardiovascular services.
- Take advantage of the NCDR's free, online data collection tool, or retain the option to choose among nine certified vendors to automate data.
- Stay current on the latest NCDR research publications, providing valuable insight on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular care provided by CathPCI Registry hospitals.
- Unlimited, free access to ACC's Quality Improvement for Institutions campaigns and toolkits that help measure care and achieve quality improvement goals.
- Your hospital will be included in the Find Your Heart a Home database when you participate in ACC's quality improvement efforts. This tool allows patients to search, compare and select the right hospital for their needs.
- Have your hospital recognized in U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" issue. Every year, the ACC recognizes over 2,000 hospitals participating in the NCDR and/or ACC Accreditation Services committed to quality and process improvement.
- Using the largest cardiovascular repository, NCDR's robust datasets provide you with the opportunity to research and answer critical questions on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular health care.
The CathPCI Registry supports a variety of data entry and submission options, including a complimentary online data collection tool or data collection through a certified third-party software vendor. View the list of certified software vendors. The entire NCDR registry suite uses standardized, evidence-based data elements and definitions.
- Access quarterly risk-adjusted benchmark reports.
- View the executive summary dashboard for selected registries that offer big-picture reviews, at-a-glance assessments and patient level drilldowns.
- The Professional Level Dashboard is available for physicians and clinicians affiliated with the CathPCI Registry to view their own registry data in real time.
- The CathPCI User Dashboard Online portal allows you to review your Institutional Outcomes Reports and Data Quality Reports. Trending data on weekly dashboard updates help you see how your facility is trending, highlight areas for improvement, and satisfy the data collection and reporting requirements of regulatory and contracting organizations.
- Physicians who are American College of Cardiology (ACC) members also have on-demand access to a unique confidential dashboard located on ACC.org. It features physician-level process and quality metrics generated from CathPCI Registry data, including:
- Volume of cases treated
- PCI process metrics
- Procedure adverse events/outcomes
- PCI appropriateness
- Hospitals participating in CathPCI Registry have a unique opportunity to publicly highlight their commitment to continuous quality improvement and lead the way toward a more transparent health care system through ACC's Public Reporting program.
Multi-hospital Reporting Solutions:
- The ACC's online business intelligence reporting solution, NCDR eReports, provides a multihospital view into the quality of cardiovascular care being provided within a specific health system, state, or region.
Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation: An operational model that merges the latest science and process improvement across the Cardiac Cath Lab. Initiating an accreditation program can help you implement all the pre-, peri-, and post-procedures that are essential to the safe care and efficient scheduling of patients through the cath lab. Participation in the NCDR CathPCI Registry® is a requirement for all Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation designations.
- Receive one-to-one support from experienced cardiovascular nurses.
- Receive a complimentary registration to attend the annual ACC Quality Summit. Network with colleagues, experience exceptional education sessions, and access ePosters that highlight how participants use NCDR and Accreditation Services data to improve patient care, processes, and quality initiatives.
- The QII Learning Center is an online education tool offered to ensure you get the most out of the registries, Accreditations and quality improvement tools and programs available. Plus, it offers opportunities for complimentary CE credit.
- Leverage clinical resources through our Clinical Solution Sets and mobile apps to support your everyday practice.