Interested in Joining a Registry?
Already an NCDR Participant?
Power Your EP Program with Actionable Data
EP Device Implant Registry™ establishes a national standard for understanding patient characteristics, treatments, outcomes, device safety and the overall quality of care for ICD/ CRT-D and select novel pacemaker procedures, while also delivering benchmarking data. Participating facilities can submit data for pacemaker procedures or submit data for ICD/ CRT-D procedures or submit data for both. The registry plays an important role in providing data-driven knowledge for optimizing patient care.
Benefits of Participation
- Receive decision-making information that includes:
- Appropriate Use Criteria Metrics for ICD/CRT-D implantations
- Demographics for implantable cardiac defibrillator and pacemaker patients
- Provider and facility characteristics
- Device type and characteristics for defibrillator and pacemaker implantation
- Defibrillator and pacemaker lead data
- Adverse event rates
- Compliance with ACC/AHA/HRS clinical guideline recommendations
- Data necessary for meeting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirements for hospitals that perform ICD implantation procedures
- Meet state requirements that have adopted the EP Device Implant Registry as their state-level measurement and reporting source.
- Highlight your hospital on ACC's patient website, CardioSmart.org, where patients and caregivers use the Find Your Heart a Home tool for information on cardiovascular services.
- Take advantage of the NCDR's free, online data collection tool, or retain the option to choose among nine certified vendors to automate data.
- Stay current on the latest NCDR research publications, providing valuable insight on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular care provided by EP Device Implant Registry participants.
- Unlimited, free access to ACC's Quality Improvement for Institutions campaigns and toolkits that help measure care and achieve quality improvement goals.
- Have your facility recognized in U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" issue. Every year the ACC recognizes more than 2,000 hospitals participating in the NCDR and/or ACC Accreditation Services that are committed to quality and process improvement.
- Using the largest cardiovascular repository, NCDR's robust datasets provide you an opportunity to research and answer critical questions on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular health care.
The EP Device Implant Registry supports a variety of data entry and submission options, including a complimentary online data collection tool or data collection through a certified third-party software vendor. View the list of certified software vendors. The entire NCDR registry suite uses standardized, evidence-based data elements and definitions.
- Access quarterly risk-adjusted benchmark reports.
- View the executive summary dashboard for selected registries that offer big-picture reviews, at-a-glance assessments and patient level drilldowns.
- The Professional Level Dashboard is available for physicians and clinicians affiliated with (EP Device Implant Registry) to view their own registry data in real time.
- Facilities participating in the EP Device Registry have a unique opportunity to publicly showcase their commitment to continuous quality improvement and lead the way toward a more transparent health care system through ACC's Public Reporting program.
Multi-hospital Reporting Solutions:
- The ACC's online business intelligence reporting solution, NCDR eReports, provides a multihospital view into the quality of cardiovascular care being provided within a specific health system, state, or region.
The EP Device Implant Registry fully support the data requirements for ACC's Electrophysiology Accreditation.
- Electrophysiology Accreditation: Advance your EP program by creating standardized workflows to decrease variability, improving processes to reduce cost, and creating a more efficient lab. This program links the latest science, process improvement methodologies and patient outcomes across the care continuum for patients undergoing treatment in the EP Lab. It incorporates recent guidelines and expert consensus statements by recognized professional organizations regarding the care of the electrophysiology patient.
- Receive one-to-one support from experienced cardiovascular nurses.
- Attend the annual ACC Quality Summit. Network with colleagues, experience exceptional education sessions, and access ePosters that highlight how participants use NCDR and Accreditation Services data to improve patient care, processes, and quality initiatives.
- The QII Learning Center is an online education tool offered to ensure you get the most out of the registries, Accreditations and quality improvement tools and programs available.
- Leverage clinical resources through our Clinical Solution Sets and mobile apps to support your everyday practice.