Data-Driven Insights for Comprehensive AMI Care
For more than a decade, the Chest Pain - MI Registry™ has been the single, most trusted source for outcomes-based, continuous quality improvement and remains the go-to registry for hospitals and health systems applying American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA) clinical guideline recommendations. With expanded data capture and flexibility, you can customize your use of the registry to meet your needs!
Being a part of this collaborative network offers the opportunity to submit only STEMI patients or include low-risk and unstable angina patients to help you recognize how to reduce variations and deliver guideline care.
Interested in Joining a Registry?
Already an NCDR Participant?
- Meet state requirements that have adopted the Chest Pain - MI Registry as their state-level measurement and reporting source.
- Highlight your hospital on ACC's patient website, CardioSmart.org, where patients and caregivers use the "Find Your Heart a Home" tool for information on cardiovascular services.
- Take advantage of the NCDR's free, online data collection tool, or retain the option to choose among our certified vendors to automate data capture.
- Receive one-to-one support from experienced cardiovascular nurses.
- Stay current on the latest NCDR research publications, providing valuable insight on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular care provided by data from the Chest Pain - MI Registry.
- Unlimited, free access to ACC's Quality Improvement for Institutions campaigns and toolkits that help measure care and achieve quality improvement goals.
- Your hospital will be included in the Find Your Heart a Home database when you participate in ACC's quality improvement efforts. This tool allows patients to search, compare and select the right hospital for their needs.
- Have your hospital recognized in U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" issue. Every year, the ACC recognizes over the 2,000 hospitals participating in the NCDR and/or ACC Accreditation Services committed to quality and process improvement.
- Using the largest cardiovascular repository, NCDR's robust datasets provide you with the opportunity to research and answer critical questions on the delivery and outcomes of cardiovascular health care.
The Chest Pain – MI Registry supports a variety of data entry and submission options, including a complimentary online data collection tool or data collection through a certified third-party software vendor. View the list of certified software vendors. The entire NCDR registry suite uses standardized, evidence-based data elements and definitions.
Download the Chest Pain – MI Registry v3.1 Data Collection Form
Download the Chest Pain – MI Registry v3.1 Data Collection Form - Specifically for STEMI Referring Facilities
Download the Chest Pain – MI Registry v3.1 Coders Data Dictionary
Download the Chest Pain – MI Registry v3.1 Inclusion Guide
Download the Chest Pain – MI Registry Submission Population Options
- Access quarterly risk-adjusted benchmark reports.
- View the executive summary dashboard for selected registries that offer big-picture reviews, at-a-glance assessments and patient level drilldowns.
- The Professional Level Dashboard is available for physicians and clinicians affiliated with Chest Pain-MI Registry to view their own registry data in real time.
- An online portal allows you to view your Institutional Outcomes Reports and use the interactive dashboard e-reports to review a summary of performance measures and quality metrics.
- A dashboard that provides weekly trending data showing your facility's performance, highlighting areas for improvement and providing the capability to drill down to patient-level data.
- Quarterly benchmark reports comparing your institution's performance with a national aggregate and including executive summaries that offer a high-level review or an at-a-glance assessment.
- Hospitals participating in Chest Pain - MI Registry™ have a unique opportunity to publicly highlight their commitment to continuous quality improvement and lead the way toward a more transparent health care system through ACC's Public Reporting program.
Multi-hospital Reporting Solutions:
- The ACC's online business intelligence reporting solution, NCDR eReports, provides a multihospital view into the quality of cardiovascular care being provided within a specific health system, state, or region.
The Chest Pain - MI Registry™ fully supports the data requirements for ACC's Chest Pain Center Accreditation and ACC's Chest Pain Center Certification programs and offers a streamlined approach to achieve your accreditation.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation: Elevate your heart attack program with evidence-based guidelines and create operational efficiencies that increase patient satisfaction and market share.
- Chest Pain Center Certification: Enhance care processes for possible and known ACS populations by improving the diagnosis and treatment of patients who present with cardiac symptoms. This certification is specifically designed for Freestanding EDs and Critical Access Hospitals.
- Receive a complimentary registration to attend the annual ACC Quality Summit. Network with colleagues, experience exceptional education sessions, and access ePosters that highlight how participants use NCDR and Accreditation Services data to improve patient care, processes, and quality initiatives.
- The QII Learning Center is an online education tool offered to ensure you get the most out of the registries, Accreditations and quality improvement tools and programs available. Plus, it offers opportunities for complimentary CE credit.
- Leverage clinical resources through our Clinical Solution Sets and mobile apps to support your everyday practice.