TreatHF helps clinicians confirm which therapies are suggested for their symptomatic heart failure patients with reduced ejection fraction (stage C HFrEF) and provides guidance on the use of each therapy.
- Enter patient indications
- Review individualized next steps for medical therapy
- Email or print a summary of the next steps
- Reference detailed information on
- Initiation, titration, and monitoring of each medication
- Guidance for optimizing your overall medication strategy
Information in this app is derived from the 2017 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway for Optimization of Heart Failure Treatment, the 2017 ACC/ AHA/HFSA Focused Update of the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure, and the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure. Indications collected in the app reflect the evidence-based indications outlined in these documents, and are meant to serve as a starting point. They do not represent the full list of considerations for prescribing and optimizing a medication or other clinical therapy, nor do they take into account contraindications. Use of this app assumes clinicians will conduct a full evaluation of the patient, consult relevant medical specialists as needed, utilize a team based approach to optimize therapy. In addition, therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider. Use of this app is meant to support clinical decisions. It does not represent the only or best course of care, or replace clinical judgment.
TreatHF was developed as part of ACC's Succeed in Managing Heart Failure (SIMHF) Initiative, a multi-disciplinary quality program designed to improve care for heart failure patients.
SIMHF is supported by Novartis.
The app is available for free.
- Access on the web
- Use the links below from your mobile device to download the App.
We want to hear from you!
Help the ACC find new and better ways to deliver guideline content to clinicians. Share your feedback:
- Complete a feedback survey
- Leave comments on the App's iTunes or Google Play page