PCI Bleeding Risk ChecklistThe table below provides solutions to common problems that may lead to bleeding complications after a percutaneous coronary procedure. You can also download this tool as a checklist, for use in your facility.
Success Metrics & Tools for Improvement
TOOLS TO HELP MEET THIS METRIC
- Risk Factors That Increase Vascular Complications After PCI
- General Considerations for Use of Anti-Platelets and Anti-Coagulants during PCI
- Recommendations for Anticoagulant Therapy during PCI
- University of Wisconsin Health: Periprocedural and Regional Anesthesia Management with Antithrombotic Therapy – Adult – Inpatient and Ambulatory – Clinical Practice Guideline
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Anticoagulation Toolkit
- SAMI Strategies for Broad Engagement of Pharmacists in the Care of AMI Patients
The PCI Bleeding Risk Checklist may be used with NCDR data for submission to the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) for patient safety credit.