ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus
The updated ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus uses recent science and user feedback to help a clinician and patient build a customized risk lowering plan by estimating and monitoring change in 10 year ASCVD risk.
Use the app to:
- Estimate a patient's initial 10-year ASCVD risk using the pooled cohort equation
- Receive an individualized, risk-based, intervention approach
- Project the impact of specific interventions on a patient's risk
- Guide clinician-patient discussion around customizing an intervention plan
- Update risk at follow-up based on a patient's response to therapy using the Million Hearts Longitudinal model
Advice from the app is derived from the 2013 ACC/AHA 2013 Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce ASCVD Risk, the 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk, and the 2016 Million Hearts Longitudinal ASCVD Risk Assessment Tool user guide. The information and recommendations in this app are meant to support clinical decision making. They are not meant to represent the only or best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider.
The app is available for free.
- Access on the web
- Use the links below from your mobile device to download the App.
- Complete a feedback survey
- Leave comments on the App's iTunes or Google Play page
We want to hear from you!
Help the ACC find new and better ways to deliver guideline content to clinicians. Share your feedback: