About the Patient Navigator Program: Focus MI
With one out of every five patients diagnosed with an acute myocardial infarction (AMI) readmitted to the hospital within 30-days of discharge, preventing avoidable readmissions is a national priority.
Over the last several years, the American College of Cardiology’s (ACC) Patient Navigator Program has successfully worked with select hospitals around the country to implement interventions aimed at bridging gaps between inpatient and outpatient AMI care through 30-days post hospitalization. Hospitals participating in the Patient Navigator Program have reported increases in the number of AMI patients assessed for risk of readmissions and greater understanding among MI and heart failure patients about their medications. In addition, they have successfully reached patients with education and community resources aimed at ensuring smoother patient transitions from the hospital to home.
The Patient Navigator Program: Focus MI builds on this success. Open to all Chest Pain - MI Registry™ participating hospitals, the goal of the program is to reduce avoidable hospital readmissions for patients discharged with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) by supporting a culture of patient-centered care during the hospital stay and, in the weeks following discharge.
By joining the program, hospitals have access to:
- Evidence-based clinician and patient resources
- An easy-to-use Self-Assessment Tool
- A specialized online dashboard that interfaces directly with the Chest Pain - MI Registry
- Counts as a high-weight Improvement Activity under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- A community of national experts and leading hospitals and institutions
- Log into NCDR
- Go to your Chest Pain - MI Registry home page
- Click “Start Here” on the left navigation bar
- Scroll to the bottom and opt in!
Note: You will be required to log in using your NCDR user name and password to opt into the program.
In addition, 15 hospitals from the original 35 Patient Navigator Program have been selected to serve as “Diplomat Hospitals” and will focus on reducing 90-day readmissions – an increasing area of focus for proposed payment and reimbursement models – and serving as mentors to hospitals across the country just beginning the Patient Navigator Program: Focus MI. Click here to see the list of Diplomat Hospitals.