Attending an Accreditation Workshop is a great experience. It guides you in what to expect during the Accreditation process. They lead you through all the elements and help you figure out a path that's going to be successful. I think ACC Accreditation Services is a wonderful resource. They are there for you. They want you to be successful.Renee Cecil, RN, Norton Healthcare
Electrophysiology Accreditation Training
To meet the needs of facility representatives, accreditation training is provided monthly. Each training event includes step-by-step guidance to help accreditation coordinators learn to navigate effectively through the accreditation program and related online tools. Unless noted, this training is delivered as an online workshop in webinar format. You may register for an accreditation training workshop from the "Additional Resources" tab of your online accreditation tool. Click here to view the training dates for other accreditation services.
Electrophysiology Accreditation Training Schedule
|Tuesday, October 23, 2018||10 a.m. - 1 p.m. EST|
|Tuesday, November 13, 2018||10 a.m. - 1 p.m. EST|
|No training event scheduled for December||No training event scheduled for December|
Training registration must be submitted one week prior to the date of any scheduled workshop.
Facilities that have purchased Electrophysiology Accreditation Services are eligible to attend one EP Accreditation workshop at no charge. ACC reserves the right to change the date and time of any workshop and is not liable for any expenses incurred by the registrants due to such changes. If any changes are made, all registrants will be informed.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals who intend to take their facility through the Electrophysiology Accreditation process.
- Explain step-by-step how to apply for accreditation, access online documents, and complete the application process
- Examine the six key areas in which a facility must demonstrate expertise and validate completion of all mandatory items
- Gain an understanding of the science of process improvements as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes for the electrophysiology patient
- Learn about current guideline recommendations across the procedural care continuum
- Develop an understanding of quality assessment process improvement (QAPI) initiatives that result in improvement in the care and safety of the electrophysiology patient utilizing measures derived from NCDR Summary metrics report
- Integrate continuous process improvement in all aspects of electrophysiology lab patient care
- Standardize the assessment processes for patients before undergoing a procedure in the electrophysiology lab to ensure quality and safety are the priority
- Learn about the care coordination in the procedure room for sedation, infection control, radiation safety and universal protocol and time out procedures
Other Topics Covered
- How to access and navigate the resources within the EP Tool
- How EP Accreditation can impact your Value Based Purchasing score
- How to incorporate the appropriate hand-off procedures into your EP recovery process, access site management and monitoring, and tracking complications
- How to improve physician-to-patient and family communication, and discharge instructions and patient information for follow-up