On-Demand Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation Webinars
Key aspects of Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation and related topics are shared in the webinars that our Atrial Fibrillation service line specialist has presented and are now available as on-demand recordings. Guest physicians or other clinical professionals have often served as co-presenters on these topical webinars.
What's Covered: In this webinar, Phil Beckley, PhD, AACC will:
- Review the current atrial fibrillation (AF) clinical burden
- Examine the morbidity and mortality risks associated with established AF
- Identify modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors leading to the development of AF
- Determine the degree to which each contribute to the development of AF
- Explore the impact lifestyle modification has on attenuating episodes of AF
- Answer the question: is AF preventable?
- Define the role AF v3 Accreditation plays to promote and support lifestyle modification programs
What's Covered: an overview of Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation; the burden of AFib; how accreditation helps you meet the needs of your facility and communities; and the benefits of Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation and ROI.
What's Covered - Part 1:
- The issues surrounding thromboembolic risk and assessment
- The development and use of thromboembolic risk assessment tools
- Anticoagulaton guideline recommendations
- Process considerations for patients transitioning through the ED, the hospital, and back out to the community
What's Covered - Part 2:
- Monitoring the patient for oral anticoagulant therapeutic level
- Reversal agents and the management of bleeding
- Balancing costs with efficacy and safety
- The role of left atrial occlusion or excision procedures