Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation Training
Facilities that have purchased Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation Services are eligible to attend an interactive Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation workshop. To schedule an Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation training session, please contact CustomerCare@ACC.org.
This training is designed for healthcare professionals who intend to take their facility through the Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation process.
- Examine the background and current science of AF as it relates to assessment, treatment, and management of the AF patient
- Explain step-by-step how to access and navigate the online documents, submit your baseline data, and successfully complete the application for AF Accreditation
- Learn current research findings which include the prevalence and costs of AF, risk assessment tools, choice of treatment strategy, new medications, and new oral anticoagulants
- Gain an understanding of the science of process improvement as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes for AF patients
- Examine how process improvement strategies can help your facility build a roadmap for success
- Review each item statement in the AF Accreditation tool, along with examples of supporting documentation that reviewers use to determine if criteria are met
- Learn how to implement guideline-driven therapy to prevent failures in stroke prevention, rate-control, and rhythm-control
- Learn how to implement Value-based Purchasing protocols which will reduce variations of care, ensure physician follow-up, and improvement patient satisfaction
- Examine the eight key areas, called Essential Components, in which a facility must demonstrate expertise
Other Topics Covered
- How AF accreditation can provide your facility with strategies to manage Transitions of Care designed to reduce readmissions
- How to perform a gap analysis of the criteria to create a roadmap that determines what care processes need improvement to meet the needs of AF patients and thus lead to better clinical and performance outcomes
- Reviewers will share best practices, processes, and procedures related to the care of AF patient