Bundled Payments For Care Improvement (BPCI) Advanced
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Advanced program is a voluntary model that incentivizes participants to improve quality of care and care coordination and to reduce the cost of care in up to 34 outpatient and inpatient clinical episodes, which are listed on the CMS Innovation Center website. BPCI Advanced qualifies as an advanced alternative payment (APM) model under the CMS Quality Payment Program. Clinicians who participate in this model and meet relevant payment or patient thresholds can also qualify for the Advanced APM bonus and be exempt from the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
Model Year 4 (beginning Jan. 1, 2021) provides participants with an opportunity to report quality performance on a combination of up to five claims-based and registry-based measures, including several ACC quality measures, for each clinical episode.
ACC Alternate Quality Measures included in BPCI Advanced:
- Defect Free Care for Myocardial Infarction (AMI) - NQF #2377 (PDF)
- Discharge Medications (Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme / Angiotensin Receptor Blocker and Beta Blockers) in Eligible Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator/Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillators Implant Patients (NQF #0965)
- Hospital Risk-Standardized Complication Rate following Implantation of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) Composite Measure
- In-Person Evaluation Following Implantation of a Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Device (CIED) (NQF #2461)
- Risk Standardized Bleeding for Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) (NQF #2459)
- Therapy with Aspirin, P2Y12 Inhibitor, and Statin at Discharge Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Eligible Patients (NQF #0964)
ACC ResourcesCathPCI Registry Data Release Consent Form New!
Chest Pain – MI Registry Data Release Consent Form New!
EP Device Implant Registry (formerly ICD Registry) Data Release Consent Form New!
BPCI Advanced Alternative Quality Measures – CathPCI Registry [PPTX]
BPCI Advanced Alternative Quality Measures – Chest Pain – MI Registry [PPTX]
BPCI Advanced Alternative Quality Measures – EP Device Implant Registry (formerly the ICD Registry) [PPTX]
Webinar: Value Based Purchasing Update: Registry Options for CMS BPCI Advanced [Video]
CMS Releases BPCI Advanced Quality Measure Set
CMS Announces Start of BPCI Advanced Second Cohort Application Period
ACC Alternative Payment Model Framework
CMS ResourcesBPCI Advanced Information
BPCI Advanced MY4 Fact Sheet
BPCI General FAQ
BPCI Advanced Quality Measures Fact Sheets
BPCI Application Process FAQ
BPCI Advanced: Participant Resources