Become an NCDR Participant
The NCDR® is ACC's suite of comprehensive, outcomes-based cardiovascular data repositories helping hospitals and private practices measure and improve the quality of care they provide.
Hospitals and outpatient providers around the world participate in the NCDR, providing real-time patient data on specific cardiac conditions. Your institution's participation in the NCDR will inform research, change practice and ultimately save lives.
Benefits of Participation
As an NCDR international participant, your institution will have access to:
- Quarterly benchmark reports showing your hospital data as compared to the U.S. aggregate to help you understand your current performance, improve the quality of care you deliver and highlight your successes with NCDR's clinical data.
- Research that leads to change allows you opportunities to participate in NCDR-sponsored research, to identify strengths and areas for improvement, as well as allow physicians to directly apply evidence-based guidelines in their daily practice.
- Connections and collaborations through a complimentary registration for one member of your cardiac care team to the NCDR Annual Conference held prior to the ACC's Annual Scientific Session. This is a great source for professional networking and the exchange of scientific knowledge and clinical resources.
- NCDR clinical quality consultants for ongoing support via email and phone.
- Two convenient choices for data submission — through our online data collection tool or through certified software vendors.
Available NCDR Registries
The NCDR offers internationally the following 8 hospital-based registries and one outpatient registry supporting the following areas of cardiovascular care.
Acute Myocardial Infarction
Chest Pain ̶ MI Registry™ focuses exclusively on high-risk STEMI/NSTEMI patients and helping hospitals apply guideline-recommended care.
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Catheter Ablation Procedures
AFib Ablation Registry ™ assesses the prevalence, demographics, acute management and outcomes of patients undergoing atrial fibrillation (AFib) catheter ablation procedures.
Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
CathPCI Registry™ assesses the characteristics, treatments and outcomes of cardiac disease patients who receive diagnostic catheterization and/or PCI procedures and delivers benchmarking data that helps cath labs reduce door-to-balloon times, limit procedural complications, monitor appropriateness of PCI and more.
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator and Pacemaker Procedures
EP Device Implant Registry™(formerly the ICD Registry™) establishes a national standard for understanding patient characteristics, treatments, outcomes, device safety and the overall quality of care for ICD/CRT-D and select novel pacemaker procedures.
Pediatric and Adult Congenital Treatment Procedures
IMPACT Registry ® assesses the prevalence, demographics, management and outcomes of pediatric and adult congenital heart disease (CHD) patients who undergo diagnostic catheterizations and catheter-based interventions.
Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Procedures
LAAO Registry ™ captures data on left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) procedures to assess real-world procedural outcomes, short and long-term safety, comparative effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
Peripheral Vascular Intervention Procedures
PVI Registry™ measures the prevalence, demographics, management, and outcomes of patients undergoing lower extremity peripheral arterial catheter-based interventions, carotid artery stenting (CAS) and carotid endarterectomy (CEA) procedures.
Outpatient Cardiovascular Care
PINNACLE Registry ® focuses on coronary artery disease, hypertension, heart failure, diabetes and atrial fibrillation in the outpatient setting and provides unique opportunities for practices to assess overall clinical care and identify and track areas for quality improvement.
Additional Tools and Resources
As an NCDR participant, your institution will also have access to the following ACC programs:
The ACC Quality Improvement for Institutions program is free to all members of the cardiac care team at NCDR-participating hospitals. The program offers convenient, online access to clinical toolkits, self-assessment resources and all of the ACC's hospital-focused quality improvement initiatives.
NCDR participation is a crucial element to the ACC's International Centers of Excellence Program. Gain international recognition as an institution that is committed to only the highest standards of medical practice.
Fees vary by registry. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current fees.
How to Enroll:
Is your institution ready to enroll?