PINNACLE Registry Can Help You Meet MACRA Needs
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015, commonly referred to as MACRA, introduces a new Medicare physician payment system called the Quality Payment Program. The program is comprised to two tracks in which clinicians will participate in order to receive Medicare payment: the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
Under MIPS, clinicians will be assessed on the quality of care provided. The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), which many providers currently use the PINNACLE Registry to submit data for, is being phased out and replaced by the MIPS Quality category. The good news is the structure of the MIPS Quality category remains similar to PQRS in many ways, meaning that clinicians who are currently successfully reporting to the program should EASILY transition to reporting under the MIPS Quality category. Click here to learn more about MIPS Quality.
To learn more about MACRA, click here to access the ACC's MACRA Information Hub.
How Does the PINNACLE Registry Help?
Measurement data can be submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services through a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) such as the ACC’s PINNACLE Registry. As a result, PINNACLE offers you seamless participation in MIPS.
- As a QCDR, the PINNACLE Registry submits data for the MIPS Quality category, which accounts for 60 percent of the overall MIPS score.
- PINNACLE can be used to obtain credit under the Improvement Activities category of MIPS , which makes up 15 percent of the MIPS score.
- PINNACLE can also contribute toward bonus points in the Advancing Care Information category, which makes up 25 percent of the MIPS score.
- PINNACLE is easy to use and simplifies MIPS reporting. It captures electronic health record data that you include, and the ACC transmits it to MIPS for you.
- PINNACLE helps you avoid penalties for non-participation in MIPS by making reporting easy and convenient.
Click here to learn more about the Quality Payment Program.